This evening: SingaporeConnect Forum on Stop Asian Hate and Self-Defence (4/11/21)

Dear Members,

We are pleased to bring our 27th SingaporeConnect Forum to you on the topic of Stop Asian Hate Discussion and Self-Defence. This event is held in co-operation with the Singapore Global Network who will be sharing across their North American network of Singaporeans and friends.

We invite all to join. Prior to registering for the Zoom call, we would like to get to know some of your thoughts and possibly experiences on the topic. This will be provided to the panelists and shared anonymously at the event.

___

ACT NOW

"Microaggressions at work, being ignored because I'm a "quiet unassuming Asian", having to pander to white egos, assumption that I can't speak English well, assumption that I'm "backward" because I come from Asia, xenophobic jokes."

Get this? Have you experienced racism and discrimination? Why do you think attacks are taking place against Asians? How can we support each other? What are some self-defence tips? Join us this Sunday, 11 April at 5 pm PT/8 pm ET.

AGENDA

  • 5.00 - 5.15 pm PT: Data from this survey
  • 5.15 - 6.00 pm PT: Discussion on anti-Asian sentiments with panelists across the US -- Pearly Tan (Chinese with a Black husband and mixed kids, in Berkeley, CA) and Ashiq Chu (Chinese Muslim, in NYC)
  • 6.00 - 6.30 pm PT:  Self-defence tidbits by Janice Goh (1st Dan Hanmudo, 2nd Dan Taekwondo)

REGISTER HERE

Get to know one another. It is easier to have difficult conversations when bonds are stronger so you don’t risk alienating and dividing people.

https://forms.gle/NXr3KuEjjT2xiLWx5
--
_____________
on behalf of the