29th SGConnect Forum: What's next with Covid-19 vaccines? (10/30/21)

Dear Members,

The SingaporeConnect Forums
It started in March 2020, to quickly connect the community with news and updates around Covid-19. It became a regular gathering with new topics over the course of 2020 to early 2021. We said around May, that we would take a break as society generally re-opened in Summer 2021, whilst having two large events in between: Aidil Fitri, and National Day.

We've heard from some that they rather like these online Forums too as they been accessible ways to stay connected with interesting speakers, other Singaporeans and friends, wherever you are. We're pleased to be resuming the SingaporeConnect Forums, starting this month.

What's next with Covid-19 vaccines?
When we last had a Forum about vaccines in December 2020, many of us hoped for vaccines to finally put this pandemic behind us and return our lives to some sense of normalcy. Our community posed questions around safety and efficacy, in light of the unprecedented pace of development of vaccines, including novel mRNA-based ones. Come almost a year later, vaccines are plentiful for adults and children over 12, at least, in the US, and the vaccination rate is over 82% in Singapore, but there is no after-pandemic party. Indeed, there is more general acceptance that Covid-19 will be endemic. Still, we know vaccines are a powerful tool to help keep Covid-19 from upturning so many lives like it did before.

Do you have new concerns with vaccines for children under 12?
Will there be new vaccines to cope with Delta and newer variants?
Why do we need boosters?

We are pleased to have for our 29th Forum the same speaker from our community who spoke prior. He has extensive exposure and experience on the subject of viruses and vaccines.

This Forum's format will be Q&A around your questions.
Please register now with your questions.

Zoom registration information:
https://forms.gle/EbBC7MRHsaRwPvet5

Register Here:
29th SingaporeConnect Forum: What's next with Covid-19 vaccines?
https://forms.gle/xf6FWqVsHQnXHEGN7
See you Saturday, 30 Oct 21, 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm PT!

Past Forums:
https://singaporeconnect.groups.io/g/main/wiki/20563

on behalf of the
SingaporeConnect Committee
A social club for food, fun, and friends!

Join main@SingaporeConnect.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.