Topics

SGConnect Forum #24: US Taxes: this Saturday

Dear Members,

Wow. We knew this topic would be popular, but had no idea it would be that popular, with over 200 registrations so far. These have given us a good idea of the hot topics, the top four (all with roughly equal interest) being:

1) Situations where I have a US foreign reporting requirements for SG assets (i.e. CPF account, property, bank/brokerage accounts, life insurance accounts) or income (i.e. rental, interest, dividends)

2) Optimising taxes when leaving the US and returning to Singapore

3) Dealing with stock / RSU / options sales (multi-country or US only)

4) How to optimise W-2 withholding allowance to have zero refund/tax due

Thanks to this feedback, our speaker will be able to tune the presentation to cover them. We may even consider a second session, as not all the topics can be covered in one sitting, obviously. Our thoughts are to have have the first session focus on the more "advanced" topics, and the second on the "beginner" topics.

If you haven't registered yet, but are thinking of attending, please do pre-register, in part so we can include your survey responses in the discussion. Tidbit, our survey so far found that about 90% of you claim to file taxes by Apr 15.
_____________

It's that time of the year again! When many of us receive W-2's and need to file 1040's. The topic of US taxes was highly requested in our past surveys, and we thought the beginning of the year would be a good time to address it before many of you would have probably started working on them. Perhaps you might also learn good strategies to minimise your taxes the next year.

We are pleased to have for our 24th Forum a tax accountant/preparer who has extensive exposure and experience on the subject of taxes.

At the end of the survey, you'll see the Zoom registration information.

See you Saturday, 30 Jan 2021, 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm PT!

Register here:
https://forms.gle/4NdaBpybCiky9Bz37
--
_____________